What's in Episode 44?
In May of 2021, Google is rolling out a new Page Experience update. Keith chats to Dan Kavanagh from Ignition Search who explains what this means for ecommerce stores and how to prepare for it. This episode is well worth a listen to for merchants selling on Shopify and how they can make sure they're giving customers the best experience for Google to rank them higher.
- What is the Google Page Experience?
- How does the user perceive their experience of a webpage?
- What Shopify already does well that merchants don't need to worry about
- What things to consider for app add ons and pop ups that could affect online stores
- Would a store that doesn't meet all the core vitals be dropped in rankings?
- Content is King
- How to do more with product images and unique product descriptions to help ranking
- Google is rewarding great content
- Additional advice