What's in Episode 59?
We are back with another merchant special with Stephen Jiang, Founder and MD of Fervor + Hue, an interior homeware brand based in Cork, Ireland. Listen to this brilliant backstory of a retailer who moved from China to Ireland as a teenager. Making Cork his home, Fervor + Hue was born out of passion and colour for homeware design. With strong connections to China, get the inside story of how to build a successful brand that is continually growing. Fervor + Hue are one of the Virgin Media's Backing Business winners and we worked with them to build a new trade site for their growing wholesale. As the pandemic unravelled Fervor + Hue concentrated on making their ecommerce offering a sustainable business and they haven't looked back since.
- Winner of Virgin Media Backing Business
- Milk Bottle Labs built a trade online Shopify store for Fervor + Hue
- How did Stephen end up in Cork?
- Learning English from scratch
- What was the 1st culture shock?
- Why set up Fervor + Hue?
- Building a business from scratch
- Meeting 100s of manufacturers in China
- The benefits of being able to hop on a place and talk directly. Having the language and local knowledge to create contacts in China.
- How Fervor and Hue became an experience store
- Why choose home furnishings?
- Designing their own product line and staying on top of future trends
- How having a strong team helps build a collection and move forward
- Supplying to 100 stores nationwide with own products
- How to facilitate growth
- Making the move to a bigger warehouse
- How and when to manage rapid expansion
- Shopify POS
- The Brexit challenge
- International shipping with bulky items
- How to ship an airplane wing
- The one thing Stephen loves about Shopify
- Favourite Shopify app
- The one thing that can be improved by Shopify?
- What's the future for Fervor + Hue?