What's in Episode 49?
A 2 part merchant special with Oonagh O'Hagan, Owner and Managing Director of Meagher's Pharmacy Group. In this episode Oonagh chats about choosing to study pharmacy over medicine in Trinity College Dublin. And how as a student she would pop into her local pharmacy Meagher's on Baggot Street. From there a lifelong friendship and mentorship with Pierce Meagher set her on her journey to taking over and opening up 7 more branches in Dublin. Where, they all embarked on one of their most challenging times, working through the pandemic.
- Running a pharmacy and looking after vulnerable customers in a challenging time
- A fear of needles led to the decision to choose pharmacy over medicine in Trinity College Dublin
- Learning from her Mum - a working dynamic that was always motivated and working well as a team "you can be whatever you want to be, gender doesn't hold you back"
- How always popping into her local pharmacy as a student in Dublin, Meagher's on Baggot Street turned into a mentorship
- How the pandemic opened up the conversation with Pharmacists. With GPs closing doors, people became more aware of access to healthcare advice and the knowledge Pharmacists have.
- The acceleration of digital transformation - where there's a will there's a way!