What's in episode 39?
Jeroen Proos is co-founder of Human+Kind an Irish based vegan skincare brand that is conquering the world. A great listen to any merchant looking to set up and/or expand their product business to small and large global retailers as well as managing their own online Shopify store.
- The challenges and successes of a vegan skincare brand
- Chatting from Cork, hailing from The Netherlands
- A brief history of Human+Kind
- "Building a brand is not designing a logo"
- Researching and exploring the range, look, and feel that took over a year
- In 2010/11 Human+Kind were ahead of the current vegan trend
- Developing a skincare product is a lengthy process. It took 2 years to complete the first product!
- Testing, testing and more testing
- You've got your product, now what's the order volume?
- Human+Kind migrated from Wordpress to Shopify in 2019
- 12 months in, Jeroen talks about the overall experience of Shopify, which is positive
- Being able to manage 2 stores from a computer or phone and no site crashes, is a winning formula
- Using influencers as a marketing tool to drive sales
- Where is Human+Kind selling?
- Answering the call for vegan hand sanitiser at the start of the pandemic
- The goodwill in Ireland with businesses rallying together to help others when the global pandemic hit
- New products for Human+Kind
- Being prepared to compete against the big brands